Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #71


Greetings! Welcome to CTS #71- a sketch by the incomparable Gayatri!
I've been inspired lately by the wonders created by Jennifer McGuire, and the many creative entries seen here at Virginia's View Challenge #1 (359 watercolor lovelies…..a-mazing!). I'm surely operating outside of my comfort zone…and dabbling in the slightly messy, uncontrolled watercolor zone. 
Please join us at CAS(E) this sketch #71 (and maybe try a new technique or two)! 







































This is definitely not my best work, but there is not one splat, splatter or painter-ish stamp in my arsenal! So… I had to try my hand at watercoloring, which got me excited to try MORE! Oh my - you should see the mess on the desk. Hopefully, I'll salvage some of the bits that have dried into mini masterpieces. Ha!




9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is so gorgeous! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

Angela said...

You should definitely do more of this magnificently beautiful technique! I love every inch of your card, Michelle!

Diane Jaquay said...

The watercolor flowers are LOVELY, beautiful card!

Nancy Seed said...

Love your card and I'm sure that Jennifer McGuire would be proud of your work. She certainly inspires a lot of us. TFS

Julia said...

Such a great card. Love the colors and the banner.

Chrissy Larson said...

Michelle, I think it is GORGEOUS! It's actually one of my favorites. LOVE IT!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW! Stunning! love your watercoloring...looks fab!!!

Betty said...

Love your watercolored flowers, Michelle. Pretty card.

Unknown said...

I love the watercolour effect is fab Michelle! Such a pretty card.